Winter is around the corner and just like you we cannot wait to enjoy the outdoors (yeahhh!). It’s that magical time of the year which everyone eagerly awaits for in Dubai. As excited as we are for winter, like every good thing there is another side to it that we all don’t like much. With the onset of winter also comes the seasonal cold and flu (aghhh, if only). However, being prepared is the key to avoid most unpleasant experiences in life. So, this year armour your family with this simple recipe and keep the winter blues away. Drinking this once everyday or every alternate day helps build your immunity, aids in better digestion and oh, leave one with loads and loads of feel good vibes.
Simple recipe, five ingredients and ready in under five minutes. Swap it for your morning coffee or simply have this before bed – it’s one drink you will be happy to have in your repertoire this winter. What’s more? It’s refined sugar free and dairy free – simple, healthy and oh so delicious!
Time Taken: 5 minutes
- 1 cup Almond milk or Coconut milk*
- ½ tsp Organic Turmeric Powder
- ¼ tsp Organic Ginger Powder**
- 1 tsp Agave or Maple Syrup
- Pinch of Cinnamon (optional)
- Take a saucepan. To this add the milk, turmeric powder, ginger powder. Stir well and place it on the flame. And bring it to a boil on medium flame. Takes about 3-5 minutes.
- Now add the Agave or Maple syrup (adjust the sweetness to your liking by decreasing or increasing the quantity).
- Immediately remove from flame and mix well. At this point if you own a hand frother***, use one to froth the milk.
- Pour this to a mug, add a pinch of cinnamon. Enjoy!
Tip: to make the most of this, have it with a slice of two of dark chocolate…oooo yummm!
*You can also use Cow’s milk if not intolerant.
**If you like a stronger ginger taste then make this ½ tsp.
***You can buy this at Daiso and lasts fairly long.
Please note: all ingredients used here are organic, natural and no potential side effects. However, please check for intolerances if any and avoid using them.